Source: Pexels (Anugrah Lohiya)
The aerospace company has revealed a concept design for a zero emission plane.
- Airbus has unveiled three separate concept aircraft designs which would be powered by hydrogen.
- The first prototypes will be built next year.
- The hydrogen used to power the aircraft will be extracted from water using a process called electrolysis.
- Airbus hopes to have zero emission planes flying commercially by 2035.
- Critics are concerned about the safety of using hydrogen as a fuel source given that it is both volatile and sensitive to temperature changes.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening