Source: Unsplash (Vladislav Klapin)
The strikes are expected to occur across Europe, the United States, and parts of Asia.
- Strikers are demanding better working conditions, higher pay, and transparency when it comes to how their data is being stored and used.
- Most Amazon strikes have been organized and supported by third party organizations such as Amnesty International.
- Many workers believe Amazon did not take proper precautions to protect them from Covid-19.
- Some argue that the increase in profits that giants like Amazon have seen since the start of the pandemic should be passed down to employees in the form of higher wages.
- Amazon has argued that their pay and working conditions are fair.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening