Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco were able to translate neural activity into full sentences. It is hoped that this will help people that struggle to communicate verbally.
- The researchers managed to train the AI algorithm to convert brain activity into sentences in real-time.
- The scientists used brain implants that monitor epileptic seizures to read brainwaves.
- A total of 4 participants were reading sentences out loud while the AI was transcribing the speech to text.
- The AI had a 3% error rate, while human interpreters are recorded at a 5% error rate.
- Currently, the AI algorithm only works while a person is speaking out loud.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening