Source: Unsplash (Claudi Schwarz)
One of China's foreign ministers tweeted a fake image depicting an Australian soldier killing and Afghan child.
- The tweet follows a report conducted by the Australian Defense force which suggests dozens of children were killed by Australian soldiers in Afghanistan between 2009 and 2013.
- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison called the tweet "a slur on [Australia's] defense forces".
- Twitter has not yet removed the image despite demands by the Australian government.
- Tensions between Australia and China have been high since Australian officials accused China of meddling in Australian affairs earlier this year.
- Australian officials have also been questioning China's role in the origin and spread of the coronavirus.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening