Source: Flickr (Alex Curylo)
The privacy focused browser has opened the door to a decentralized, un-censorable web.
- The internet currently runs on a protocol called Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which relies on centralized servers to host web content.
- Interplanetary File System (IPFS) is a decentralized alternative, storing web content across multiple nodes, making IPFS websites impossible to censor or shut down.
- Brave is the first browser to integrate IPFS.
- Brave is a privacy focused browser based off Google Chrome and was created by Mozilla founder, Brendan Eich.
- Brave has seen exponential growth since launching in November 2019 having gained over 24 million users and 1 million advertisers since then.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening