Source: Flickr (Coindesk)
One of the largest cryptocurrency companies has lost more than 60 employees after declaring it would not participate in social activism.
- A blog post by Coinbase in late September clarified that Coinbase is a "mission focused" company that will not partake in political activism.
- This was in response to calls for the company to side with the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Critics including Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey opposed the declaration, claiming that cryptocurrency is inherently political.
- Coinbase offered severance packages to all employees which did not share the same vision.
- So far over 60 employees have accepted the offer and have left Coinbase.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening