Source: Getty Images (Olivier Douliery)
Parler may also soon be banned from the Apple App Store.
- Parler is a conservative social media platform with over 10 million users.
- Its value proposition is that it does not ban posts or users as is often done on platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Google announced they would be removing Parler from their app store, citing the platform's unwillingness to moderate content related to the recent takeover of Capitol Hill by Trump protestors.
- Apple has stated they will likely ban Parler from their App Store as well, citing similar grievances.
- The announcement follows bans of President Donald Trump's official accounts from Facebook and Twitter.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening