Source: Flickr (Mike Mozart)
The move comes after allegations from PETA that many Thai manufacturers are using 'forced monkey labor' to pick coconuts.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has been tracking animal abuse by manufacturers over a year.
- It has been pressuring retailers to remove products from their shelves that were made using animal labor.
- PETA alleges that many of the largest Thai manufacturers which create products with coconuts are using 'monkey slave labor' to harvest coconuts.
- TCC Ltd., one of the largest producers of Thai coconut products, has denied the allegations.
- In-house inspections of over 60 of the company's facilities found no signs of forced monkey labor.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening