Source: Pixabay (Ryan McGuire)
Waymo's autonomous taxi service is fully operational in Mesa, Tempe, and Chandler.
- The company announced in a blog post on October 8th that their autonomous taxis are ready to serve the general public in some of Arizona's major cities.
- The taxis do not have a human driver.
- They can be ordered by anyone in participating cities by downloading the Waymo app.
- Autonomous vehicle services have been rolled out in other countries such as Japan and China but all are still in the trial phase.
- Back up human drivers will be introduced as Waymo expands its services to different cities across the United States.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening