Credit: Michał Siergiejevicz (Flickr)
According to Navalny's spokeswoman, the opposition politician may have been poisoned by a toxic substance in his tea.
- Navalny fell ill on a flight from Tomsk to Moscow on Thursday - he lost after drinking a cup of tea at the airport.
- After an emergency landing, Navalny was taken to a hospital in the nearby city of Omsk, he was then placed on a respirator.
- "We assume that Alexey was poisoned with something mixed into the tea. It was the only thing that he drank in the morning", the spokeswoman said.
- Navalny is a staunch critic of Putin, he described constitutional reforms that will allow Putin to stay in office for two more terms as a "coup".
- A. Kalichenko, the deputy head of the hospital in Omsk, said the doctors "are currently engaged in the process of saving his life".
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening