Source: Flickr (Cer Nart)
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey noted that "this is going to be much bigger than one account" when speaking to employees about Twitter's ban of president Donald Trump.
- President Donald Trump had been banned from every major social media platform after the riots on Capitol Hill in early January.
- Many argue that Trump could incite further violence from his supporters.
- While Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has publicly admitted the ban sets a dangerous precedent, a leaked video recording to employees suggests more bans are coming.
- Dorsey noted that the bans are "going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go on beyond the inauguration."
- Some have accused Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple, and Amazon of working together to censor dissenting opinions.
- Facebook, Google, and Amazon are currently facing a dozen anti trust lawsuits in Europe and North America alleging monopolistic behavior.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening