Source: Unsplash (Josh Riemer)
Elon Musks' neurotech company live streamed the demo on Friday.
- The demo was streamed live on the Neuralink YouTube channel.
- It featured a pig named Gertrude which had been wearing the brain implant for 2 months.
- The implant kept track of Gertrude's brain activity and converted them into a series of readable beeps.
- Musk expects human trials will make it possible to translate these beeps into comprehensible instructions which can be used to interact with technology.
- Describing the implant as a 'Fitbit for your brain', Musk says it will someday be possible to summon your Tesla vehicle using your mind.
- Neuralink is currently waiting for confirmation from US health authorities to begin human trials of the brain chip.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening