Source: Flickr (ApolitikNow)
Elon Musk's neuro-technology company will publicly demo a brain implant on Friday, August 28th.
- The goal of the Neuralink project is to allow people to interact with phones and computers using their mind.
- It is hoped it will also reduce symptoms of neurological disorders and restore motor function in those with physical impairments.
- Neuralink devices consist of small threads of electrodes which are implanted into the surface of the brain and send signals to a wireless device worn behind the ear.
- Musk has likened the procedure of getting the implant to LASIK eye surgery.
- The reveal of the brain implant will likely be livestreamed on Neuralink's YouTube channel.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening