Source: Pixabay (Miguel Padrinan)
So far 6 countries have reported cases with the new strain that is thought to be resistant to vaccines.
- Although many strains of Covid-19 already exist, this one appears to be resistant to antibody treatment (vaccines).
- This "cluster 5" variant of Covid-19 has been confirmed in the United States, Italy, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Denmark.
- It is believed to have originated from mink farms; animal to human transmission has been confirmed.
- Minks are common carriers of coronavirus diseases, and they are often farmed for their fur which is used to create waterproof leather.
- The United Kingdom has blocked all travel to and from Denmark in response to the news.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening