Source: Flickr (Chang Ju Wu)
The computer tech giant's winning bid may make it possible for TikTok to avoid being banned in the United States.
- ByteDance, the Chinese company behind TikTok, has reached an "agreement" with Oracle after rejecting Microsoft's bid to purchase TikTok.
- US President Donald Trump had issued an executive order which would ban TikTok on September 15th if not purchased by an American company.
- ByteDance hopes that the agreement with Oracle will satisfy US regulators, though neither party has confirmed that TikTok has been purchased.
- TikTok has come under scrutiny for unknowingly accessing sensitive data from its users.
- While ByteDance is a Chinese company, all corporations in China are owned by the Chinese government.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening