photo credit: Gage Skidmore (Flickr)
The Trump camp's lawsuit sought to invalidate millions of mail-in votes in the battleground state due to alleged irregularities.
- According to Judge Matthew Brann, the suit was "without merit" and it was "not in the power of this Court to violate the Constitution,".
- The dismissal of the Trump camp's lawsuit is the latest courtroom defeat in the president's effort to cling to office despite losing the election.
- Following the decision by Matthew Brann, the Republican senator from Pennsylvania Pat Toomey called on the president to concede.
- “President Trump has exhausted all plausible legal options to challenge the result of the presidential race in Pennsylvania,” said Toomey.
- The move by M. Brann paves the way for Pennsylvania to certify Joe Biden's win - he leads by more than 80,000 votes in the state.
- Joe Biden is projected to defeat Trump 306 to 232 in the US electoral system, in order to win the presidency a candidate needs 270 votes.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening