Source: Flickr (Knowmadic news).
The Japanese financial giant is suspected to have played a significant role in the sudden rise and fall of tech stock prices.
- Tech stocks in the United States have been incredibly volatile, with some seeing gains and losses of over 40% in a matter of days.
- It is believed that Softbank, one of the largest financial holdings companies, has played a role in this volatility.
- Softbank purchased billions of dollars in tech stock options - a non-binding agreement to buy a large amount of stocks at a certain price on a certain date from stock holders.
- This resulted in hundreds of billions of dollars in speculation, leading some to label Softbank a whale - a company which can influence the stock market.
- Softbank has lost over 10 billion in the past few days as investors begin to ask questions as to the company's role in tech stock prices.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening