Source: Unsplash (Kon Karampelas)
Titled 'Birdwatch', the new feature will let users "add context" to popular tweets.
- Birdwatch is fundamentally designed to flag tweets for moderators.
- It will make it possible for users to add 'Birdwatch Notes' to tweets.
- These notes are shown publicly to other users who click on 'watched' tweets.
- There are still many questions about the new feature, notably whether it will be available to all users or only to designated "fact checkers".
- A release date for the new feature has not yet been announced, but has been in development since August of this year.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening