Source: Pixabay (Free-Photos)
The popular ride-hailing app had been banned twice by city officials since its 2012 debut.
- A judge deemed Uber to be "fit and proper" and declared it could resume operations in London after a successful appeal by the company to a previous ban.
- Uber has been given a license to operate in London for 18 months at which point the license may be extended or canceled.
- Uber had previously been banned in London due to security concerns.
- The last security flaw involved a loophole wherein multiple drivers could use the same Uber account.
- London's Taxi Driver's Association, which represents London's famous black cabs, has voiced its concerns about Uber's renewed operations.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening