Source: Flickr (Philippe Masse)
A 16 month investigation has concluded that Apple, Amazon, Google, and Facebook hold "monopoly power" over their respective sectors.
- More than 1 million documents were collected and analyzed as part of the anti-trust investigation by Congress.
- The 450 page report states that Big Tech has harmed consumers, innovation, and democracy in the United States.
- Republican politicians have also raised concerns over the censorship of conservative opinions and viewpoints on Big Tech platforms.
- It is unlikely that Congress will act on these findings before the end of the year.
- All four companies have objected to the findings.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening