Credit: Gage Skidmore (Flickr)
Republicans have cleared the way for a vote on Trump's Supreme Court pick after Mitt Romney of Utah confirmed he will support the nomination.
- Republicans needed to secure 51 votes to move forward with replacing Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died on Friday.
- Romney's decision to consider Trump's Supreme Court nominee secures the final required vote for Republicans.
- Romney said he intends "to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the President's nominee."
- Trump said he will announce his Supreme Court nominee on Saturday.
- Democrats have fiercely critiqued the Republicans for rushing to replace R. B. Ginsburg in an election year.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening