Source: Pixabay (Photo Mix)
Spotify has announced a handful of podcasts on the platform will offer a video format.
- The video podcast feature will be available to both free users and premium users.
- It will also be optional, meaning that users can choose to simply listen to the audio and do not have to watch the video.
- Audio of the podcasts are also available for download to listen offline.
- Video podcasting was being tested on Spotify in May, and will only be available for select podcasts for the time being.
- Some believe that Spotify is looking to compete directly with YouTube, having recently signed a contract with the Joe Rogan Podcast, the most popular in the world.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening