Source: Flickr (Mike Mozart)
The trucks will be used in Arkansas to start, with the retail giant hoping to expand its autonomous truck fleet to other US states.
- Walmart has been working with autonomous vehicle start up Gatik for over 18 months, testing autonomous delivery trucks travelling short distances.
- In 2021, Walmart hopes to incorporate these autonomous trucks into their supply chains, and also increase the distance they will be travelling.
- In addition to Arkansas, Walmart hopes to begin using the autonomous trucks in Louisiana as well.
- All trucks will be entirely autonomous, with no human drivers.
- Skeptics wonder how trucks will be able to handle unexpected conditions or protect against theft.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening