Source: Flickr (Yelp)
The popular user-reviews website will flag businesses accused of racist behavior.
- Yelp has stated that human moderators will be tasked with determining the validity of a claim of racism against a business.
- The validity of a claim will be based on reports from credible news sources.
- The notification of racist behavior will last for "a few days to several weeks".
- "Corrective action" such as firing the offending employee will reduce the flag to a "Public Attention Alert", stating that someone associated with the company had acted racist in the past.
- Yelp has not specified how much evidence will be necessary to flag a business, but has noted that they do not expect flagging to happen frequently.
We'd love to help you learn more about what's happening